Paw Pals is currently looking to hire a Part-Time Dog Walker / Pet Sitter
Does This Describe You…
When referring to your pet, do you refer to yourself as their Mom or Dad?
Do the words, “Who’s a good girl/boy” come out of your mouth in baby talk AT LEAST three times a day?
Do you love your pet like a child with fur?
Do you believe that ALL pets are furry family members and NEED to work for a company that treats them as such?
If you are shaking your head in the fashion of YES, Paw Pals is looking for the Pet Care Specialist in YOU!
Please read the job description below, and then fill out our Online Application for Employment.
DOG WALKER/PET SITTER JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Dog walkers must be comfortable attending New Client Meetings, which are essentially interviews, for new dog walking jobs.
- Walkers must respect the confidentiality inherent in working inside client’s personal homes and follow pet care instructions to the letter.
- Walkers must also be comfortable referring to existing client care notes and filling in for Pet Care Team members that are unable to service a primary client.
- Dog walking visits can range in length from 10-minute potty breaks to 1 hour walks. On occasion dog walkers may only have one walk scheduled in a day. Daily care hours are primarily 10AM-4PM Monday-Friday with opportunity for additional hours during mornings, evenings and on weekends. You must be available Monday-Friday 10AM-4PM to apply for a daily care position. Part time night and weekend positions are sometimes available as well.
- Time will be spent walking/exercising dogs, and ensuring potty breaks are occurring. Basic walk requests such as refreshing water, wiping paws and giving treats are also included.
- All dogs must be kept on leash on walks. Paw Pals does not herd walk. Walkers will only be walking multiple dogs if they are from the same family or part of a requested social pairing.
- Even when it is raining or snowing dogs need to go out. Walkers must have rain/snow gear and feel comfortable driving/walking in the rain/snow.
- Occasionally clients are home sick or working from home. Walkers must be comfortable running into clients.
- Walkers must be comfortable checking in and working with with our office staff and Online Management Software. This helps us ensure everything has been completed to client specifications. Staff members are GPS tracked at client visits.
- Walkers will also be required to leave detailed visit notes inclusive of photos and/or videos via our Online Management Software and converse with clients via our Comment Boards. Walkers must be comfortable using a smartphone on the job.
- Walkers must take responsibility to not lose keys or lock out.
- Walkers must respect client confidentiality. Friends and/or children should not be present on visits.
- Due to the bonding that occurs between our staff members and the pets in their care, we request that employees try to make a commitment to working with Paw Pals for ONE YEAR This request is not intended to change the traditional relationship of employment at will.
- Employees must also be willing to attend training and continuing education courses as requested by Paw Pals.
- Punctuality and attention to detail are a must.
- Submission to background and reference check
- Access to a reliable and fully insured car
- Some background in pet care
- Must be physically fit as this job requires walking and exercise
- Must be willing to work with dogs of all shapes and sizes and cats on occasion
Dog Daycare Packleader Job Description:
The Paw Pals Dog Daycare Packleader would be in with the dogs in our daycare and supervise them at all times.
Keeping a clean environment by picking up after the dogs, sweeping, mopping, etc.
Maintaining a positive work environment and working together with our other daycare attendants as a team.
Engaging in stimulating play with the dogs
Keeping dogs safe
Our business provides a safe, happy, fun and structured environment for pets. We offer fun, energized playgroups through our doggie daycare.
All pack leaders at our company work together for a common set of company values and mission of creating joy in the lives of pets and their families.
Valuable Talents needed:
Must have a detailed knowledge of canine behavior and a willingness to expand on this.
Must maintain a positive attitude at all times and thrive on interacting with people and their pets, providing a high level of service and enjoy looking for growth opportunities.
1+ years of handling pets in a professional, training, daycare, vet or shelter environment
Self motivated- a willingness to "go get'm" and the discipline to keep track of what has been accomplished in a professional manner.
- Attention to detail
Please fill out all of the requested information in the online application below. While it is not required, you may submit a cover letter to email@example.com
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please, no phone calls.
We look forward to hearing from you!